Shri Kapil Sibal, Union Minister of Human Resource Development inaugurated the Anti-Ragging Web Portal here today. The portal has been developed by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in collaboration with Ed.CIL (India) Ltd. and Planet E-Com Solutions.
The Hon’ble Supreme Court in its judgment dated 8th May, 2009, while expressing great concern on the increasing incidences of ragging in educational institutions in the country ordered implementation of a ragging prevention programme comprising, inter-alia, setting up Toll-free Anti-Ragging Helpline /Call Centre, Database of institutions/students, engaging an independent non-government agency.
Pursuant to these directions, the government has taken various measures which includes regulation by UGC to curb ragging and similar regulations by other regulatory bodies, set up toll-free anti-ragging helpline/call center. The database has to be created out of the affidavits affirmed by students/parents, and to be stored electronically. Such database shall also function as a record of complaint received and the action taken.
The web portal is a term being used for all background software development that is necessary for smooth functioning of the Ragging Prevention Program and comprises of the following components:
• All calls received by Anti-ragging Helpline (18001805522) will be managed and followed up in a structured software system.
• Customized E-mail Management systems of the Call Centre
• Complaints follow up, log creation and display system on the web. Students can see the progress of their complaint any time on www.antiragging.in
• Online anti ragging affidavits can be downloaded by students from www.antiragging.in
• Creation of the colleges and universities data base.
• Reporting and statistics
The Web Portal is a medium of managing complaints, follow up of complaints and escalation of unresolved complaints to regulatory authorities, enhanced communication with colleges and universities, developing various kinds of data sets, displaying status of complaints, displaying various kinds of reports, development of various data sets etc.