At present, Space Research Centrres are located in our country as per the following details:
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram
- Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, Thiruvanthapuram, Mahendragiri,Bangalore
- ISRO Inertial Systems Unit, Thiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
- ISRO Satellite Centre, Bangalore
- Laboratory for Electro-optic Systems, Bangalore
- ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network Centre, Bangalore andLucknow
- INSAT Master Control Facility, Hassan in Karnataka and Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh
- Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Shriharikota, Andhra Pradesh
- National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Gadanki, Andhra Pradesh
- Space Application Centre, Ahmedabad
- Development and Educational Communication Unit, Ahmedabad
- Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
- National Remote Sensing Centre, Hyderabad, Dehradun, Jodhpur, Nagpur,Kharagpur and Bangalore.
- Semi-Conductor Laboratory, Chandigarh
- North Eastern Space Applications Centre, Shillong.
The amount spent on Space Research, which includes development of satellites, INSAT/GSAT System, development of launch vehicles, Space applications and Space Science/Planetary Exploration, in the last three years is:
|Year||Amount Spent (Rs. in Crores)|
Government have increased the budget for Space Research, being carried out from Space research Centres, from Rs. 4167 crores in last year (RE 2009-10) to Rs. 5778 crores in current year 2010-11.
This was stated by Shri Prithviraj Chavan, the Minister of State (I/C) for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences in the Lok Sabha